Google+ Peter and Kira Jay: Quick Update

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Quick Update

I decided we should finally post something on our blog since we've been MIA from the blogging world for the last month.
I've been teaching dance lessons at Farley's Ballroom and I love it! I teach private lessons and I also teach a Latin group class on Wednesday nights at 8:00 pm. Pete helps me teach the group class and when he's not working he helps with some of my other lessons. It's great having a job that I enjoy!
We went to a dance at the Northport Civic Center last night hosted by the Tuscaloosa Ballroom Dance Club. Here's a picture after the dance with our friend's Kimmie and Steve:
Kimmie is another teacher at the dance studio. She is hilarious! Steve is one of my students, I taught him his first dance lesson about a month ago when I first started teaching.

My Dad had a business trip in Memphis last week. We were able to spend time with him Monday and Thursday. He flew into Birmingham, stayed with us for a night and then drove to Memphis. He stayed with us again on Thursday night before flying home. My mom and my sister were able to fly out too! They were here Monday night-Friday morning. It was great to have family here, we really enjoyed their company! We all went to the Cheesecake Factory up in Birmingham on Monday night after we picked up my mom and Paige from the airport. It was way yummy!!! My mom, sister and I went swimming and shopping most days while Pete worked...it was a rough week for me ;) My mom decked out our bathrooms and got us curtains for our bedroom so our apartment looks nice in those areas now. I was sad they had to leave! I wish I would have taken some pictures while they were here but I totally spaced it.

Tonight we had our friend's Phillip, owner of Farley's Ballroom, and Kimmie, co-worker at Farley's Ballroom over for dinner. We enjoyed their company! They are two awesome people! Kimmie is from South Korea originally and one of the funniest and sweetest people! Phillip is a great dancer, one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and fun to hang out with! We made Cafe Rio Pork salad's for dinner! They were super yummy and Farley and Kimmie both enjoyed them. Kimmie brought us Tide detergent as a gift. She said it was a custom in her culture to bring a gift when someone invites you to their house. She said she brought tide because it makes bubbles and bubbles are good luck.


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wow! It looks like you guys are crazy busy and have so much fun at the same time! It looks like your lives are very blessed right now. How fun to be making new a lasting friendships while doing a job you love! I am so happy for you! I didn't know your mom and sister went with you dad! How fun! I did know that your dad would be there cause he told me he would be going. Glad you had so much fun. Miss you tons! Wish we were closer so we could hang out too. Love you!