Google+ Peter and Kira Jay: Ballroom Dancing

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ballroom Dancing

Kira got her dream job. She is being trained to be a ballroom dance instructor and I am learning more as well so that I can be her partner. We first started taking beginning ballroom dance lessons from a community class at a Methodist Church. It was a little too basic though, so we went to a more advanced class and they said they are training some new ballroom dance instructors. Kira majored in dance and she is training to teach dance lessons at Farley's Ballroom in Tuscaloosa,

located at 523 Queen City Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401



View Larger Map


Kira will get trained there for a couple weeks and then should start teaching classes. The types of ballroom dances we do are the foxtrot, waltz, swing, rumba, tango, cha-cha, samba, etc.

7 comments:

April Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeni said...

Love the new do, Kira! David's cousin teaches ballroom dancing up in Nashville and positively LOVES it. She competes in a lot of competition as well. JJ and Joane came over last night and we played Settlers of Catan. I LOVE that game, but don't own it. I gave you a plug on my blog today and I want to buy it from you guys soon. :)

Rebecca said...

Wow I didn't know!! How come you didn't call me silly!! What a wonderful opportunity for you! I am excited for you! You look fabulous by the way! I LOVE your hair! Hey wanna come dye mine? Oh wait you can't....maybe in another 7 months you can!! Love you!!! (By the way lookin' slim cous! WAY TO GO!!)

holley family said...

your hair looks great! and does your place do couple lessons???? we need details!

Nate and Kelly said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. Hope things are going well in 'Bama. And thanks for your email after Emery was born!

April Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mink News said...

That is so awesom Kira! I am so glad for you!