Google+ Peter and Kira Jay: Baby Update

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Update

I had a doctor's appointment this last Wednesday. I had to have another sonogram because I had a marginal placenta previa at my twenty week appointment and they wanted to see if my placenta had moved. Luckily it has and I no longer have placenta previa which means I can have a natural birth! I also had to take my glucose test. Everyone said the orange drink they give you is disgusting...while I would never choose to drink it, it was not as bad as I expected. I passed the glucose test and do not have diabetes! Yay! Everything is going really well and the baby was almost 2 lbs 14 oz. from the measurements done on the sonogram. I'm sure she is at least 3 lbs now! I can't believe I am already in my third trimester! I am 29 weeks now, it has gone by fast! We are excited for our little girl to arrive! I feel unprepared because we have practically no baby stuff yet! We just have a few little outfits for her! I think I will feel better when she has a bed to sleep in and a car seat. I'm reading a book on hypnobirthing and plan on using that method for birth with no drugs if possible.

Profile of the baby showing her spine
This one shows the baby's face and arm (It looks a little weird because they can't get images of the soft tissue so it's mostly her bones)

So my little girl already has her first pair of ballet shoes! They had these adorable shoes that look like ballet slippers for a 6 week- 3 mos old. My friend Jackie bought them for her! Aren't they cute?

This is me at 28 weeks! I'm getting bigger!

10 comments:

Melea said...

Wow, you are so tiny and look awesome! I am so excited for you two. The time will come before you konw it, even though you may feel it is taking forever.

Jessica Anderson said...

I still can't get over how small your baby belly is. i'm almost 10 weeks behind you and i'm pretty sure i've already passed you up. But lucky you cause that takes away stress of stretch marks and all that other fun stuff! I've noticed that women having girls have smaller belly's then those having boys too. But they said I had the placenta privea at my 20 week appointment too! Doug's hoping it goes away, cause you know what they say you can't do! Anyways, you look great kira! Have you guys decided on a name yet?

Jeni said...

Hey! I did natural childbirth with no drugs or epidural for both Ethan and Sara Katherine. I used the Bradley method. Joane actually borrowed my books. But call me if you want and I'll talk to you about it. I'm a total advocate for natural childbirth. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you!

Rebecca said...

You look spectacular! Hope everything continues to go well for you! Love you!

Nate and Kelly said...

congrats Kira! how exciting... get as much sleep as you can, because it'll never be the same. :)

Lance and Ariel said...

awww you look great! and dont worry we're still not prepared :) our car seat arrived the day before she did, so no worries. you'll do great!!!

Mink News said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I didn't even know you were pregnant!!!!! I have been so out of it lately! CONGRATULATIONS! That is so fun that you are having a little girl!!!!! I am so happy for you guys! Your tummy is soooo small. I swear my tummy is double that size by then. I also did the Bradley method (like Jeni) - or should I just say my own method- with Casen. Are you still working? What are you going to do when the baby comes? It also looks like you guys are having a lot of fun in Bama!

Joni said...

Wow! Only 68 days!!! Have you found anything yard-saling?

Clark Family said...

You look so cute! Good luck with your birth plan you can do it! I loved every part of labor! I love the little shoes! She will be so beautiful! you are so tiny! Lucky lucky! give me a call sometime see if we don't play tag to bad:)

Kira Jay said...

I am going to answer the questions people asked:

We have about 4 names we are trying to decide between but haven't picked one for sure yet.

I have not been to any yard sales yet but am hoping to go soon!

I am only working part time at a dance studio and helping an older lady a few hours a week. I may teach a few dance lessons after the baby is a few months old but I haven't decided for sure yet.