Google+ Peter and Kira Jay: It's a..........

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's a..........

GIRL!!!!! We went to my doctor's appointment today and I had an ultrasound. It was amazing! They showed us the brain, the heart, stomach, spine, leg bone and lots of other body parts. We saw the heart beating and heard it too! It's always amazing to me to hear the heart beat! She was wiggling around while they did the ultrasound. I don't think she enjoyed being pushed on and decided to push back.
It feels a lot more real now that we know what we are having and can plan better and start buying things. We went out to dinner tonight and then went to target. I had a gift card to target that one of my students gave me for Christmas. We used it to buy several girlie outfits! It was fun looking at all the baby stuff and looking at the girl clothes!
We are really excited! Here are some of the ultrasound pictures:







12 comments:

Holly Walton said...

Oh my gosh!!! We are so excited that you guys are having a girl. Now Annikka will have a girl cousin close (if she doesn't have one yet). Congrats again!! :)

Rebecca said...

Once again congrats! I am really so excited for you guys! I bet she is gonna be beautiful! Why wouldn't she be right?! I only wish I could see her sooner than later after she is born! Our girls will only be like 4 months apart and in the same grade always! I hope they get to play together one day! Love you Cous!

Jeni said...

Hooray! I could do without Sara Katherine's very 'girl' attitude some days, but getting her dressed is always so much fun! Congrats you guys, exciting news!

Murray Family said...

YAY!! Congrats!! Girls are so much fun to dress up. I'm excited for you guys :)

Tay and Teigan said...

So so exciting! She will be such a cute little girl. Man, I can't believe you are already halfway through!

Kim Wilcken said...

whoo hoo it's a girl! Girls are best...right? LOL! I can still picture you as a baby, Kira. Just doesn't seem that long ago!! I have started a blog and want to hook you up to it. I just haven't got it figured out yet.
Love You

Candice said...

Yea! Girls are so much more fun then stinky boys! LOL, congrats!!!

Alexandria said...

YES! I was hoping for a girl!!!!
(Even though I thought it would be a boy)
I am so happy for you both, it's absolutely wonderful having a little girl!!
She's beautiful...Congratulations!
PS..Pink stuff is way more fun to buy!!!!!
Much love, Alexandria, Mia & Jason

Monique and Michael said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! You know how I love the little girlies. I am so excited for you guys. How have things been?

Lance and Ariel said...

Yeah!! Congrats!! how exciting!

Ashley, Cory and Cash too!!! said...

Oh congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! You are going to be such a cute mom!

Nate and Kelly said...

We're so excited for you!! How wonderful...and Target right afterwards for clothes? That's the icing on the cake. :)