Google+ Peter and Kira Jay: Christmas Break in Utah

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Break in Utah

We were in Utah for almost 3 weeks during Pete's Winter Break from school. We had a lot of fun visiting family and friends! It went by really fast and we were sad to leave our family and beautiful Utah.
We kept busy the whole time visiting with family. We went back and forth between my parents house and Pete's. We had different family and friends coming into town at different times throughout our time there. We were certainly never bored! We went to four family Christmas parties the week of Christmas. We drove to Ogden on Christmas Eve to go to my extended family Christmas party and then drove all the way down to Springville to the Jay Family Christmas Party within a couple hour period. I wish I would have taken pictures at the parties but I forgot! They played dodge ball at the Jay party at the church. (I didn't participate for obvious reasons but Pete really enjoyed it!)

We opened presents at my parents house (again forgot to take pictures) Christmas morning and then went to the Jay house in the afternoon to open presents at 3. Pete's dad had to work and got home at 3 so everyone waited to open presents until then.
Here are some pictures before the present opening began at the Jays:





Pete's sister Joni















Our nephew Emmett










Me with our nephew Luke















Four of Pete's brothers: Jared, Tim, Tom and Jeremy










Pete's mom and his sister Emily















Aaron playing the wii and Jared, Ariel and Jeremy looking on







We ate Christmas Dinner at my parent's house after opening presents at the Jays and hanging out there. My mom always makes delicious food and Christmas was no exception.



This picture isn't the best of everyone but its all I have. My mom, my aunt Katie, Josh showing his food, my dad trying to smile like Pete, and Pete.








1 comment:

Alexandria said...

Are you kidding...that's a great picture of the family!!! What a charmer Josh is!!!