Google+ Peter and Kira Jay: Our First 5K

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our First 5K

We ran our first 5K on Saturday. We woke up much earlier than we usually do. I thought we did pretty well for our first time. Pete finished in 27min 43sec and Kira finished in 29min 58sec. Kira placed 11th in the female 25-29 category and Pete finished 21st in the male 25-29 category. Pete was number 146 and Kira was number 204 out of over 600 people.

This picture was taken after the race so we are looking pretty sweaty.


We are now training for a Sprint Triathlon. The triathlon is on May 24th so we are biking, running and swimming most days of the week. We should be in pretty good shape by the time it comes around.

6 comments:

Damon said...

You guys are crazy (and awesome) I couldn't run that far without dying.

Tay and Teigan said...

nice work! a triathalon sounds fun!

Candice said...

That is awesome! I wish we were in good enough shape to do something like that but we're working on it, maybe in a year or two!

Murray Family said...

Hey! I'm glad you left a comment! We actually ran into your mom at the store the other day! Looks like you're doing great :). I had come across your blog (through Stacey's too) a couple of weeks ago but I didn't leave a comment bc I didn't know if you'd even remember me. Haha! It's been so long. But anyway, I'm glad that now we'll be able to keep up with eachother.

Rebecca said...

Sweet! Awesome job! Wish I was there along side you guys training for one as well! Keep it up!

Joni said...

Way to go guys! My goal is usually to break 30 minutes myself. Races are fun.