Google+ Peter and Kira Jay: Eutaw (Utah), Alabama

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Eutaw (Utah), Alabama

So there is a city in Alabama which is pronounced the same as our home state of Utah but is spelled Eutaw. My first job in Tuscaloosa was at a Steel plant in the purchasing department. When I first started my job one of my coworkers asked where I was from and I said Utah and he said he was from Utah too. I was quite surprised by this because he had a very southern accent. Luckily he specified that Eutaw is a city in Alabama. So ever since then when people ask where we're from we say the state of Utah instead of just Utah... it makes things less confusing. (Not that it's that hard to figure out anyway since we are lacking the southern accent needed to be from Eutaw).
We drove through the city of Eutaw today on our way to give talks at a small branch in Demopolis and couldn't resist taking some pictures.


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Utah traders huh!

Melea said...

How funny! I miss Utah!