Google+ Peter and Kira Jay: Labor Details

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Labor Details

I have been meaning to make a post about how my labor went but life has been a bit busy with the baby! So here it is about 4 weeks later!
I wound up getting induced on Adlee's due date June 1st. My mom came into town on the 27th and we wanted her to be able to spend time with the baby. My doctor thought it was a good day for me to have the baby as well. One big bonus about being induced is that I was able to have my doctor, Dr. Madden, deliver me! He is a fabulous doctor!!!

I had to be at the hospital between 4am and 5am. We arrived closer to 5am with hardly any sleep as we were excited about having the baby that morning. (You can tell I did not sleep by my eyes in the picture). This is the last picture of me pregnant at 40 weeks. It was taken right before they started my labor at the hospital. They started me on pitocin at about 5:40 am and my water broke on its own about 6:20 am. I was planning on doing natural labor. I lasted a good seven hours and then decided to get an epidural when I was still at a 4. This picture of Pete and me was taken after I got the epidural. It was heavenly as you can tell by the smile on both of our faces. Pete was happy when I got the epidural too...he definitely did not enjoy seeing me in pain.
We spent the next about 9 hours just waiting for Adlee to make her arrival. When it came time to push she arrived in less than 20 minutes. She came out with her eyes wide open and I swear she had a smile on her face too! I spent about 16 hours in labor and it was worth every minute to meet this sweet little girl who has brought us so much joy!!!
The proud daddy holding his baby girl.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well if you are ever going to be over this way I want to see her!!! Wish I could hold her! Glad you made it through okay!