Google+ Peter and Kira Jay: Huntsville Ballroom Dance Invitational

Monday, October 6, 2008

Huntsville Ballroom Dance Invitational

Kira and I competed in the Huntsville Ballroom Dance Invitational this weekend hosted by the Rocket City Dance Club. I recorded our dances and I put a few on YouTube for everyone to see. We stayed in Huntsville at a hotel Friday and Saturday night. We danced in the East Coast Swing, Cha Cha, Rumba, Waltz, Tango, and Foxtrot. We were in the Bronze IV division and won four first places, three second and one third.

The judges were the 2007 Ohio Star Ball Professional Showdance Champions:
Eulia Baranovsky and Steven Dougherty.

East Coast Swing


Cha Cha


Rumba


We had a pretty good time up there. The people from Rocket City Dance Club and the other dance clubs were awesome, and so were the judges. We from Farleys Ballroom all did pretty well and had a good time.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am impressed to say the least! You go sexy mama! Pete I have to say I am very impressed...what a fun thing to do as a couple!! Love you guys!

Joni said...

Cool! That was fun to watch. I'm glad you posted it. My favorite was definitely the Cha Cha. I liked your outfits a lot better than the couples in the background! It looked like Tinkerbell was behind you in the Rhumba.

April Lauren said...

Aww! You guys are so awesome! Way awesome!! :)

Jessica Anderson said...

Dang girl! you looked HOTT.. and that's with two T's cause that dress looked awesome on you.

Joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nate and Kelly said...

Kira-- those shoes are snazzy! I can't wait to watch you guys on SYTYCD next season! :)

Alexandria said...

Wow....you two are so cool:)
Kira, I love your dress!!

Tay and Teigan said...

Sexy lady! You look great. How fun to go dancing with your husband. You must have been a fillie . . . VERY well trained. :) Isn't your anniversary soon? Happy 2 years!

Melea said...

Wow! That is so cool you guys! Pete, I am glad I got to dance with you a little in your dance beginnings and learn from a pro! Kira, you are awesome. I watched the others in the background and you guys are by far the best couple there. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed!! You guys look awesome. I love your dress Kira... Peter you need to talk my hubby into doing something like this, I'm tired of the shooting range haha... So cool I could watch the vids!!